Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Drag-and-Drop Missing?

This topic is 6016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just upgraded to 9 from 8.5 and noticed that I can no longer drag images from Safari into Filemaker container fields. I had relied on this ability heavily in 8.5.

Is the ability gone now or do I need to change something to get it to work again?

Thanks...

Tim

(Yes, it did work with web viewer)

I have been using this particular database for years, probably since FM version 4 or 5.

I just need to put product images into the database. Having an integrated web viewer really doesn't mesh with what I need.

If I find something I need to put in the database, there is no guarantee that any particular field will result in that image being located-that's just one reason in particular.

I just dug out 8.5 and it still works with Safari drag-and-drop... I think I will just revert to my backups and start using it again. I really should have played with 9 before I upgraded, but I've never had these type of really strange problems after an upgrade of it before.

Thanks for your help!

There has been some discussion on this release of Tiger, and one of them concerned the loss of preferences. It kind of upset the users.

In addition, Safari 3 did not play well with FileMaker 8.5 and 9., Personally, I had one file that had several Web Viewers in it, and only one of the viewers would crash FileMaker.

Anyway, I would appreciate hearing back from you if you do experience problems.

TIA

Lee

There has been some discussion on this release of Tiger, and one of them concerned the loss of preferences. It kind of upset the users.

In addition, Safari 3 did not play well with FileMaker 8.5 and 9., Personally, I had one file that had several Web Viewers in it, and only one of the viewers would crash FileMaker.

Anyway, I would appreciate hearing back from you if you do experience problems.

TIA

Lee

Lee, are you referring to preferences in FM? If so, my preferences seem to have made the transition just fine. I installed 10.4.11 last night, and have been using FM 9 all day today and have not noticed any problems or anything that has changed.

In fact, one other benefit of 10.4.11 is that FM seems much faster on my machine.

They didn't itemize it, they just said that some of their preferences were lost. I took it to mean that it was Safari, or mail. I will go back and question which ones they were talking about.

Lee

Here is the original post.

A word of caution to OSX 10.4.x users:

Today's update to 10.4.11 may wipe out a bunch of preferences, including your startup applications.

Any preference panes you have set to start on log in may also have to be reset.

Matt

Edited by Guest

Just checked and my startup items are as they were.

I have Flip4Mac, Growl, MenuMeters, Screenshots, Version Cue, etc. and they look fine to after the upgrade too.

Overall, I'm really pleased with 10.4.11. If nothing else, Safari is super fast, and the slow bookmark menu problem has finally been fixed.

This topic is 6016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.