Exit IWP without showing list of Databases

This topic is 5229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

My database is (intentionally) not listed in the list of served databases - the URL that users use bypasses that screen and goes directly to the login screen.

However, on exiting, the "Exit Application" step takes them to the IWP home page, showing the list of other databases, which i don't want. Is there a way I can prevent going to the IWP home page on exit ?

Edited by Guest

You can also edit the iwp_home.html file directly. On the Mac (FileMaker Server 10), you can find it, and iwp_auth.html here:

Server HD > Library > FileMaker Server > Web Publishing > publishing-engine > wpc > (Show Package Contents for…) FM Web Publishing.app > Contents > Resources > iwpres > iwp_home.html

I edited the iwp_home.html file to redirect to a custom page on our website. Just add something like this in the section:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://www.yourwebsite.com/custom_iwp_login/">

I also replaced the entire contents of with "Redirecting…".

So basically the only time a user should see the FileMaker themed IWP pages is when / if they mess up their login… they would get bounced back to iwp_auth.html where they can fix their username or password and continue the login just fine. I may play around with customizing that later but that's low priority for me.

I also replaced the favicon.ico with a custom one.

OK, for the record, DZV told an easier way.

In Database server / Security, select "list only databases each user is authorized to access".

That way a user will never see the list of db's he does not have access to.

This topic is 5229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.