Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating an Email List

CircuitBoards11

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having trouble sending out automated email reminders.

I currently have a script run overnight for a particular database.

The goal of the script is to gather email addresses of people who are responsible for items that need work performed to them in the next 2 weeks.

So it needs to go to a layout perform a find, a sort and a loop to gather the email addresses into a variable and then exports the list of items due and email it to each employee..

The script goes into the file, performs 2 different finds, one for 7 days and another 14 days and then performs a sort. It then saves records to a pdf.

I then do a loop building up a list of email addresses into a variable once done with the loop it will email the list out to each person in one large email..

The issue is that it fails to email out to anyone, only time it works is if I have it email to each person individually with one address in the Send mail per time. So I am curious is there a maximum number of email addresses you can place into the Send Mail? I have only about 10 email addresses that need to be sent per week...

Also I have placed the variable into the body of the send mail and I reverified that all the addresses are there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I have found one way to solve this. I perform an intial find and sort finding the 14 days and the 7 days then sort it by employee, date and then required action needed on item.

Since each record is an item, I then go through a loop and within the loop there is another loop checking for duplicates and if there is a duplicate it goes to next record. If it finds a non duplicate name it then goes to the outer loop and builds a carriage return list.On last record it exits both of those loops and goes into another loop which performs a find on the 14 days and 7 days and a GetValue(List of Employees; Employee Counter) the "employee counter" is a variable which counts each time it sends an email. So it exits this loop when the List of Employees equals the Number of Emails sent out.

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.