New SCSetErrorCapture Plugin Function

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What is the correct way to use the new SetErrorCapture plugin function. The 360Works documentation has not been updated to illustrate how this function should be used.

I am getting a number of dialog boxes popping up now that I'd like to suppress. For instance, in SuperContainer when a user cancels a file download dialog, I'm getting an error dialog after.

I've tried the following at the start of each script:

Set Variable [$error; Value:SCSetErrorCapture( "On" )]

but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any advice?

post-105673-0-69955400-1372530723_thumb.

Hello,

It looks like some of the changes to our documentation were not communicated properly. I'm sorry about the confusion. We will be updating them soon.

Here is a short note that explains how the function works: 

When something unexpected happens, the plug-in will pop up a dialog showing what the error message is. This makes it easy to see what went wrong. However, in some cases, you (the developer) may prefer to show your own message to the user, or possibly not show a message at all. In that case, you can call the plug-in's SetErrorCapture function with a parameter of true. That will suppress the error dialog from appearing to the user. e.g. SCSetErrorCapture( True )

Each plug-in acts independently of the others when it comes to this function. So to suppress error dialogs from 3 different plug-ins, each plug-in needs a separate call to its SetErrorCapture function. And you should pass true or false to the plug-in for its parameter. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this advice, Joe.  I too had tried "on" and "1" but didn't think of trying "true" as the parameter to set the error capture on.

My plan is to execute this new function as part of my initialization routine for all appropriate 360Works products that I use.  That way I'll capture all errors and only have to do that once.

Martin Ramsay

CEATH Company

Hi Joe,

Now that I have the Error Capture commands set to true, I'm getting error messages as shown in the screen shot.  The error code is java.lang.illegalArgumentException: Null stream was passed to inputStreamAsBytes.

The plugins appear to be loading properly, but the error message is disconcerting my users.  Any thoughts?

Martin Ramsay

CEATH Company

post-107945-0-92397900-1374587815_thumb.

• 3 months later...

Hi Martin,

The error message you are seeing is an older version of the Email plugin. We are up to version 1.972 on the website for Email 1, so if you can update your solution manually, this error message should go away.

You say you are using the AutoUpdate file we provide, so you should have the latest version of Email 1. Are you using the database that we host on our servers, or do you have a copy of that database file that you are hosting? We try to update our hosted AutoUpdate file constantly, but let me know which one you have so I can get you sorted out.

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.