Server Maintenance This Week. ×

HELP! Trying to "empty" a file of its data so all reports are blank

This topic is 3599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This could very well be a very complicated question, but I'm hoping that someone with far more knowledge than me will have a quick answer to this issue.

I have created a financial database that I use to display my boss's financial information via different reports.  Let me first say that I KNOW there is a better way to do this, but I have managed to make this work for almost five years, so I'm just looking to fix this one issue, not restructure my database.  No question about the fact that I probably did things the hard way.  Oh well... :cry:

I use this database file only for the current year.  I generally make a copy of the file and then erase prior year data so I can start fresh.  However, some data must remain in the database, like budget information.  I enter the actuals on a monthly basis. 

I have one report that is called "Cash Flow Summary" that is mostly portals used to display the relevant data for each month.  Each month remains blank until the data for that month is added to the file. However, when I generated this report for the first month in 2014, it found data for future months that doesn't exist in the current file, and some fields that are blank when there is data to be displayed.  I have compared this report structurally with prior years to see what I may have done wrong, but everything looks identical.  I even compared prior years that worked to other years that worked and cannot see where I'm going wrong in 2014.  They all look the same structurally. 

As an experiment, I made a copy of the file so I could erase EVERYTHING and see what happens with this report.  The Cash Flow Summary report is still pulling data from other sources even though the file is empty of records.  I just don't get it.  I tried to attach the file, but it says I'm not permitted to upload this type of file. :hair:

I'm not sure how I am going to get assistance if I can't provide the file for someone to review.  Anyone who can offer a suggestion here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. :thankyou:

To Attach a file, follow these steps. HERE

In addition, I am going too move this to a Different Topic because this Topic is reserved for discussion of the Tools, Functions and Features that were new to FileMaker, and introduced in this version of FileMaker

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Managing Scripts".

This topic is 3599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.