Jump to content

Quick Search Results "glitch"


This topic is 2594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

I have a strange problem that I have not been able to work out over the past few days. I have created a popover search bar for my layout and am using the default Asset Quick setup. 

 

Within that inside the Asset Details window I have created a popover button that exposes a search bar. The odd part happens once a quick search has been done. The search provides the correct assets in the list, however it ALSO includes what ever asset was currently selected. 

 

For example If I have 3 items, each in a category of  "Laptop, Desktop, and iPad" and the Desktop asset is selected, when I perform the quick search with the word "Laptop" I'll get the laptop item, but I will also get the Desktop item.

 

This happens with what ever asset is selected.

 

In Filemaker Pro 13 it doesn't appear that you can have no assets selected, the lowest you can go is the first asset entry.

 

I hope this makes sense and am appreciative of any incite anyone can give!

 

Thank you,

Commit Records/Requests[]
#
If[not IsEmpty ( Assets::Dash Search )]
Set Field [Assets::Dash Search]
#
#Performs Search
Perform Quick Find [$data]
#
Else If [IsEmpty ( Assets::Dash Search)]
Show All Records
#
End If
#
Go to Record/Request/Page [First]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is 2594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Kent Searight
      Hi,
      Does anyone know what error code 4101 means? It just started happening when I try to push an invoice to QuickBooks Desktop using the FM Books Connector plugin v12.0.0.2 (64 bit). The script was pushing invoices fine yesterday.
      The error messages appear when initiating a new request and also when adding related record requests (for the invoice lines). The plugin step returns the result 0, as does FMPA 18 if I do a Get ( LastError ), so neither FMPA nor the plugin seem to think there's an error.
      Also, I'm seeing a progress bar I've never seen before (see below). It displays for about 20 seconds. I never saw that before today.
      This is on Windows 10, QuickBooks Pro 2017, FMPA 18. All are up to date.
      I rebuilt the QB data file, ran the QB file doctor (which said no errors found).
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      -Kent

    • By Gelan008
      Hi everyone, i'm a newest user with MirrorSync. 

      I could install MirrorSync without problems and get records in my local database, but i had a problem when i try to get records that has the first letter of primary key starts with "0", MirrorSync show the message:

      "Error from server: java.sql.SQLException: FileMaker numeric primary keys must not begin with a 0. Either remove the zero padding, or switch the primary key field and all related foreign keys to text. First error: 01234567-DACC-8DE7-58DD-2ASSDE474DCA from table TableName" 

      The field its auto-generate UUID of type text.

      I try to find a way modified the script MirrorSync, but i dont know how to control this in the script, any solution for this? Thanks! 
    • By Rich
      Greets, and a happy, holiday season to all.
      This is one of those "Well, I could swear it _used_ to work..." FMP (PC) problems: I want a script to create a custom-named folder on the desktop (PC) [for exporting data purposes] so I used the following (see attached) Send Event command: 
      "cmd /c md " & Quote ( Right ( Get ( DesktopPath ) ; Length ( Get ( DesktopPath ) ) -1 ) & "Job Chop-Chop! Backup" )
      ...in earlier versions of FMP--and if memory serves--it used to work. (See https://fmrift.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/creating-a-folder-from-filemaker-windows/ ). However, when I try to run the script in FMP v17.x the script fails with the following error message in the Script Debugger, "[3] Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system or mode)".
      So, I'm trying to figure out why the command's failing--could it possibly be it's because I'm using FMP (PC) in VMWare's Fusion PC emulator (v10.1.4, running in OS Mojave) instead of on a "real" PC? Any ideas for a tweak/fix?
      Cheers,
      Rich

    • By jfk_25
      FM Books Connector v9.0.1.0 was working fine with FileMaker Pro Advanced ver 13.0.4, after upgrade to FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.6 on one computer, plug-in stopped working on upgraded computer. Get Code - 1000, Error 80040418.
      Other users with FileMaker Pro ver 13.0.4 are still working fine.
    • By Stickybeak
      I have been running a document creation and management solution for 2 years.
      My scribe maintenance subscription ran out so I bought a new license.
      Boom the whole things has collapsed.
      Scribe is throwing errors when a field in the database does not appear as a merge field in the document the attached being a typical error.
      This solution is vital to my practice but 360Work have no taken 2 working days with no solution - not responding to my emails when I tell them that their work arounds aren't working.
      This was suggested "ScribeSetErrorCapture(true)" - but that does not even appear in my steps in the script window.
      Utterly frustrated.
      Help!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.