exporting invoicelines to excel vs save as excel

This topic is 2062 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM13v5

MacOSX 10.10.1

LS,

Strangest thing. 

I am exporting invoice lines with some invoice header date ( print_date, invoice_number ). I have done this dozens of times, but after export the excel opens with hundreds of white lines between records.

When I us save this file with 'save as excel' the data contains no white lines.

I added portals to the lines to see if there are one to many relationships, but there are none.

Any ideas as where to look ?

TIA

@no_access, The Trim4  is a very useful custom function that I use often. However, I’m not sure how it comes to play when working with exports to Excel.

@Joost,  what’s the purpose of exporting to Excel? Maybe more information on what you’re trying to accomplish could help us. Also if this is a scripted process a copy of your script and or file might help us as well.

This topic is 2062 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Hproth
      I'm sure there is a simple solution to this problem, but I can't seem to figure it out!
      I have a custom app that allows the user to write letters amongst other things. 
      Each patient is linked to a GP and a Consultant, when writing a letter to a patient there is the option to CC both the linked GP and Consultant. However, occasionally another GP or Consultant might need to be CC'd in the letter (in addition to the ones already linked to the patient). So I would need the address of this additional consultant/GP to also be CC'd in the letter. For the life of me I can't work out a simple way to do this. 
      Does anyone have any suggestions?
      Thanks in advance.

• By DataLackey
      Hi FileMaker people,
      I used to use FileMaker on a Mac, but have recently switched to a Windows 10 computer. I was developing a database on the Mac, but since moving to PC I'm getting a lot of horizontal lines, blurred text and broken borders, images and buttons as I scroll. I've attached three screenshots as examples - these are happening on most layouts, most of the time.
      The solution is hosted remotely on a Windows 2012 server. I didn't have these problems when I used a Mac, and I've looked at it on a coworker's Mac over the same internet connection and the problem didn't occur. I don't have another Windows machine I can test this on, but I did notice the problem (although it was far less severe) running FileMaker on a Windows virtual machine on my old Mac. I assumed it was a problem with the virtual machine, but it looks like a broader issue.
      The customer who will eventually use the solution will run it on Windows machines. At this stage it's so ugly and hard to read I'm not sure we can use it.
      Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Does anyone have any solutions?
      Thanks in advance,
      John

• By filemakinit
      Using FileMaker Pro 13
      I have a view in a SQL Server 2008 server that provides customer id (unique identifier), first name, last name, and full name.
      I have two tables in my Filemaker Pro database.  One represents the external SQL view and the other is a local "customer sign in" table made up up customer id, customer first name and customer last name - and a relation to the table representing the view.

I have a layout where the "Enter Name:" entry is a dropdownlist with autocomplete using a valuelist that pulls the fullname from the view.

The autocomplete is working well.  What I'd like to do is add "First Name" and "Last Name" fields to the layout and have them populate with the first and last name of the selection in the fullname (either during entry or tab out is fine).

Is there a way to do this in FileMaker Pro?

Thanks
    • By jn08
      Hi all,

I've got a contacts table which is the parent of a roles table. I'd like to put together a calculation (presumably an IF statement) that calculates whether a particular contact performs a particular role.

So let's say I have a field in the contacts layout for an author biography. I only want this to be filled out if the contact's role is an author or illustrator.

I would also use a similar calculation in other fields determining whether or not to include particular contacts in an export.

Can this be done with a calculation? Or should it be done with a find? I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

Cheers.
    • By imoree
      Hey gang again!!

screen shot of erd wanna be..

problem with this as i am designing is too many exceptions with allow creation,etc. so soon.

scenario

Customer walks in shop. they choose to order a pull apart cake. IN order for that to happen we need. customer name, etc order id # due date, due time, message, notes, kitchen notes, message, flavors, style, pa-type, delivery status, icing ( i would love to have an @ATTRIBUTES table as other items need this same information. ) Putting all of this in a portal doesnt make sense to me as we have other items such as cakes(buttercream, creamy fab, fondant ), cupcakes(single, dozen, (@Attributes { iced, image} ), cookies {iced | image }, suites ( { cake {flavor, filling} , style{lady, edible image, fondant}, {cupcakes {flavor, color, style}, stand {white | gold |silver} )

how can i create an ERD that makes this as simplified as possible. I feel a bit lost at the moment but still trying to figure out.

-i
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Kolbeinn Reginsson 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.