Sign in to follow this  
Menno van Beek

Autoupdate function switches plugins off

When updating any 360works-plug-in it is deactivated after any update. Sometimes it does not even is replaced.

I have created batch-scripts to shut off FileMaker and then remove any 360works-plug-in.

After that my user(s) have to restart the application again and the new version of (any) 360works plug-in is installed correctly and activated automatically.

I also use other plug-ins by Troi, Dacons en Goya simultaniously and these work perfectly fine and also will be updated and activated when a newer version is being installed. Only the 360works-plug-ins fail to update everytime.

I use the script-step "Install plug-in file" so nothing exotic is done there.

The problems occur on windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008 and 2012. On the 32 and 64 bits versions (2012 - 64-bit only)

Any suggestions or anyone else has the same trouble?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aaron Lamperti
      Anyone had any luck getting Scribe to substitute text within a Text Box in a word document?
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      is it possible to append text or images to the end of a loaded doc. (not just another document)-

i.e. something like--

$result=ScribeDocAppend ("new stuff")

it seems the function only looks to append other files, not text
      what i need is to be able to add custom text to the end of some documents-

not sure how to do this.

thanks!
    • By Christian Chojnacki
      Hello, there,
      I'm trying to get the Scribe plugin running on my Filemaker Server 17.
      But I always get the error message:
      Error 474 Plugin could not be loaded: 360Works_Scribe.fmx64
      and
      Error 701 The FileMaker Script Engine process was terminated abnormally.
      I tried Scribe 3.08 and Beta Scribe-3.08009 but both don't work.
      The server runs on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
      JRE 1.8.0_171 (32 & 64 bit) & JRE 1.8.0_171 (32 bit) is installed.
      The permissions are enabled to full access for "Everyone".

Server restart, reassign permissions and restart services did not help.
      Does anyone have any idea why? I can send other log files if needed.
      Thank you and greetings
      Christian
      360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log
    • By Richard Fincher
      I'm just trying out FMS17 on a virgin Windows Server Essentials 2016 install, which I do not plan to use for any other task except hosting FMS17.
      I'm looking to switch off or block all ports and services which aren't needed for Filemaker Server.  The ones I'm planning to open for FMS are 80, 443, 5003, 16000.  The other ones which seem to be open separately from FMS are :
      PORT     STATE SERVICE
      53/tcp   open  domain
      88/tcp   open  kerberos-sec
      135/tcp  open  msrpc
      389/tcp  open  ldap
      445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
      464/tcp  open  kpasswd5
      593/tcp  open  http-rpc-epmap
      636/tcp  open  ldapssl
      3268/tcp open  globalcatLDAP
      3269/tcp open  globalcatLDAPssl
      3389/tcp open  ms-wbt-server

I'll be placing IP restrictions on 3389 (for my RDP), regarding switching off the rest, it occurred to me that parts of the OS may need to use some of these services to do what they need to do (e.g. allow administrator to login to windows?)  
      Will be using a firewall external to windows itself, rather than the Microsoft firewall.

• By 360Works
      360Works at DevCon 2018: Discount Extended!
      We had a great time at the 2018 FileMaker Developer Conference in Grapevine, Texas. Nothing gets the 360Works team more excited than demonstrating our products and meeting other FileMaker Developers! We are pleased to announce that we will be extending our DevCon discount until Friday, August 17, 2018. Enter code DEVCON18 at checkout and receive 15% off of your purchase!

Use the product table below to learn more about your favorite products and take advantage of the discount.
      At DevCon this year, Joe Martin demonstrated the brand new 360Deploy 2 for completely automating deployment of development changes to a production server and Jesse Barnum demonstrated a new version of MirrorSync, version 5, which has more convenience for end users and over 40 improvements to reliability, speed, and stability.

At our booth, the MirrorSync Setup Station allowed many DevCon attendees to return home with a fully functional sync setup and Richard Carlton Consulting gave out free FileMaker 17 training books at our booth this year!
      Click on any of our product links below to learn more or use the discount:
      Product Name Product Description 360Deploy Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail Send and track email marketing campaigns Email Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker DocuBin Document and digital asset management FTPeek FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic Payment processing plugin RemoteScripter Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer A better container field Web Assistant Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu FileMaker calendar sync Stay updated with 360Works

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    ryan360Works  sh2658  Warren  Joshua Rivers  amallison  Lee Smith  Lola  Christian Chojnacki  Tim Anderson 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.