Sign in to follow this  
Menno van Beek

Autoupdate function switches plugins off

When updating any 360works-plug-in it is deactivated after any update. Sometimes it does not even is replaced.

I have created batch-scripts to shut off FileMaker and then remove any 360works-plug-in.

After that my user(s) have to restart the application again and the new version of (any) 360works plug-in is installed correctly and activated automatically.

I also use other plug-ins by Troi, Dacons en Goya simultaniously and these work perfectly fine and also will be updated and activated when a newer version is being installed. Only the 360works-plug-ins fail to update everytime.

I use the script-step "Install plug-in file" so nothing exotic is done there.

The problems occur on windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008 and 2012. On the 32 and 64 bits versions (2012 - 64-bit only)

Any suggestions or anyone else has the same trouble?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Stickybeak
      I am investigating moving my database to web direct. To do so I need to get scribe working on fmphost.
      I have added a script step to register the plugin - which works fine in self hosted or fmphosted but I still get an error telling me that I need to install the plugin when I try to run it in webdirect.

I have be speaking with fmphost who reported "It turns out the Scribe plugin also needed to be enabled in the FileMaker Server Admin Console. We have enabled the plugin, so it should be working now.".
      I am wondering if my license wont work with web direct. My license is described as "360Works Scribe 2.15 / Upgrade from Single User License to Scribe Workgroup License (Upgrade)".
      Any ideas?
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      Is it possible to specify any formatting (html/css) when using scribedocappend (with the scribe plug-in)

i am trying to add text on the fly that is centered.

any solutions?

thanks so much!
    • By TaiChi56
      I have always developed with FileMaker for windows. I have bought myself a MacBook Air and love it. So now I am using FileMaker 16 Pro advance for MAC. I know that MAC does not label their directories like windows does. So I am having problems figuring out to get the right coding to access my photos. I have a folder called "Photos" that reside on the C: drive in windows. Then I reference that folder so pictures will populate automatically when I put in a record. Here is what I have on the windows fileMaker:
      ImagePath:
      Let ( [ // Transform the contents of a container field named Images to text ImageRef = GetAsText ( ImagePath); Photos = Position ( ImageRef; "/"; 1; PatternCount ( ImageRef; "/")) ]; Middle ( ImageRef; Photos + 1; Length ( ImageRef ) - Photos ) ) images:
      "imagewin:/C:/Photos/" & Film::title & ".jpg" Then I go into Import folder and point to the folder all the photos are in. The problem I have now is how to point to that folder in "imagewin", is their an alternative called imagemac, then I could put in Macintosh HD/Users/patricks/Documents.  The folder is in the Document folder, called Photos. Thank you for any help.
    • By Aaron Lamperti
      Anyone had any luck getting Scribe to substitute text within a Text Box in a word document?
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      is it possible to append text or images to the end of a loaded doc. (not just another document)-

i.e. something like--

$result=ScribeDocAppend ("new stuff")

it seems the function only looks to append other files, not text
      what i need is to be able to add custom text to the end of some documents-

not sure how to do this.

thanks!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Nico Kobes 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.