TJ53

WebDirect and separation model: one connection per file?

TJ53    3

Hello, I'm testing FMS16 WebDirect with a two files solution  (an interface file that loads a data file). When the inteface file opens, it doesn't load the data file. My FMS license has a limit of 1 user connection, that seems to be the issue.

Does this means that a two files solution will use two connections per user that opens the solution?

TJ53    3

OK I figured it out ... I had the interface file opened by default with an account, but I have set up the data file to asks for the login and password (when accessing from FM Pro).  I have removed the auto-login for the interface file and now it works perfectly: one user can open two files now :) 

• Like 1

Wim Decorte    455

Only connections to the server count, not the connections to individual files.

• Like 1

TJ53    3

Thank you! that´s what makes sense. I'm glad it was only a problem with the login configuration of my files :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By eljefejb
      I have yet to come across a means of customizing the WebDirect login screen for a database, despite searching for every relevant term I can think of.  Does none exist?  None at all?
    • By Keawe
      Hello,
      I installed supercontainer on my Windows server at aws Amazon. I also installed the companion plug-in. It shows up on Filemaker Pro no problem. But it doesn't show on webdirect. Any idea?
      Here is my configuration:
      - FMS 15, Windows 2016 server. 
      - SuperContainer 2.94, build 9234.
      - I have the companion plugin put inside "..\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\cwpc\Plugins".
      - The plug-in I use is "SuperContainer_Companion_Plugin.fmx64".
      Thanks.
      P.S.: I will send an email to 360works. But just want to post it here so we can all share the solution. Thanks.
    • By animation_master
      FileMaker Pro 15 Launch Center connects to our AWS instance with no problem. But then it reports
      No files are currently hosted on AWS instancename.
      Well, there ARE files currently hosted. We access them via WebDirect, so they must be hosted.
      Moreover, when we launch a local copy of the file, FileMaker offers to open the remote copy with
      This file has previously been uploaded to FileMaker Server. Use Hosted Version?
      It even displays the proper address for the hosted file.
      However Use Hosted Version returns this error:
      The file “filename.fmp12“ could not be opened. (Extended privilege disabled)
      So, we created a privilege set that extended privileges for fmwebdirect, fmapp and fmxdbc.
      On the next launch of Remote Version, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share a file because FileMaker network sharing is turned off.
      So, we turned on ODBC sharing, and on the next launch, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer.
      I’m going in circles here. Are these errors related? What am I doing wrong?
    • By pcognetti
      Sorry for my poor english
      I made an application in FM15 that is used on the Web
      The application shows some HTML paginated data and then print with the print command of the browser used.
      I have no problem with Safari and Chrome, while Firefox will not let me see the contents of the Web Viewer.
      In the web viewer content is so:
      "Data: text / html,
      <Html>
      <Head>
      </ Html>
      "
      Firefox in the web viewer frame does not see anything
      if I open the source of the frame it makes me see the HTML text content but it does not render HTML
      Some idea?
      Paolo Cognetti
    • By FoggyMt
      My client is using FM Server 14. On it I have a web form that is accessible to the public. It requires no user name or password...it's entirely open via guest login.
      I have server scripts that import the data entered into a broader ticketing solution that is locked down. The tickets are then deleted in the guest-accessed file. We are now looking at upgrading to FM Server 15 and the new licensing model.  I have a sinking solution that this kind of approach is untenable with FM's new paradigm.
      Is this approach broken w/FM Server 15...requiring me to use something like Google Forms for data capture?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.