Sign in to follow this  
akom

Can files be downloaded out of SC

We are needing to move our uploaded files out of SC, along with their linking information.  Is this possible either through the FMP interface or using an alternate method?  We have a developer on staff that is creating an application that will custom fit our needs.

Thank you

Al

yes there are many ways to export the contents of SC.

loop and export contents to a new folder structure

go to the server and copy the SC folder that will have the all the contents. export the linking information and the url path as excel developer should be able to match files to data.

Thank you!  I found them and I'm in the process of downloading them now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aad V
      We have deployed SuperContainer in a large corporate set up. Upon upload, no problems for anyone. 
      Upon download some users (only!) are experiencing that the filename changes to a number (the number of the folder that SuperContainer stores the file in). How can I rectify that so that the file keeps it actual filename?
    • By Gianluca D'Aquino
      Hello there,
      Is there a way to download the mirrorsync link directly on an iPad?
      In my final workflow I'll send the link with the newest version and users will open it directly from the ipad. Is there any integration with even other 3rd parties software to download the file on the ipad and then run it from Filemaker?
      Thanks. 
    • By H
      Hi
      please can someone help me out, i want to download my database to send over to my colleuge however from my server console the download database option is greyed out  - not giving me an option to do from there
      in my FMP , my save a copy is also greyed out.
      please can someone explain me why this is and how i can get my database offline.
      Thanks
    • By Bailey Kessing
      I have a solution that uses WebDirect to publish a list of files stored in a container. Is there a way using a url to direct download a file stored in a container?
    • By Arny
      This is a curiosity question, not really any problem. I have several FM13 tables that I'm sending to my iPad via email. Several of them begin to immediately download when I open the email. Others I have to 'tap' the attachement in the email to initiate the download process. Is there some aspect within the FM table that affects this behavior. Again, not a problem, but if I can determine how to get all my tables to 'auto' download that would be best.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.