Can't enter data in field in IWP using IE

This topic is 7019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having trouble entering data into a field with a layout in IWP when using Internet Explorer v6. The layout has 2 fields and a scripted button. The layout is reached via a scripted button as follows:

Go to Layout ["problem_layout_name"(Table_name]

Show/Hide Status Area [Hide]

Perform Find [specified Find Request: Find Records; Criteria: Table:Field_test"=1"]

Go to Field [Table::field_1]

Open Record/Request

Enter Browse Mode[]

When you run this in FireFox, the layout appears and you can enter data in the first field by clicking within it. The problem is that when in IE, I cannot select the field to enter data unless I first click on the "Edit Current Record" button in the status area to the left. I would like the users to be able to enter data without needing to use the status area buttons. I have other layouts where I can enter data directly in either FireFox or IE. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Keneth2K1, Thanks for your advice. It worked with a newly created layout that suggested I screwed up somewhere. Operator error! I used the wrong (but similar) field name in the "Go to Field" step. It was pointing to a field that was set to view only for field permissions which was also not included on this layout. That still does not explain why clicking on this field in FireFox works. Not really an issue, since the FireFox users are a minority and IE is the supported browser (but personally I prefer FF).

This topic is 7019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.