New window from portal link?

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is it possible to have a list of related records (portal) on a web page and have their links open a new window of a certain size.

I have got the linking working with it opening a new window and I have been able to get new windows to open of a particular size using javascript, but I can't seem to get the two working together.

Using Home Page /FM 4.1/Custom Web

Many Thanks

Ger

quote:

Originally posted by gersomers:

Is it possible to have a list of related records (portal) on a web page and have their links open a new window of a certain size.

Many Thanks

Ger

I am using:

<A href="javascript:void(null)" onclick="window.open ('[FMP-linkrecid:layout=CGI,format=detailx.htm]', '[FMP-CurrentRecID]', 'scrollbars=yes, hotkeys=no, resizable=yes, status=no, width=630, height=420')">In new window</A>

Anatoli

• Newbies

Anatoli

Many thanks for your help.

But I can't seem to be able to get it to work. The new window opens at the correct size, however the the link doesn't seem to work. The link I use works when I don't use the Javascript to open the new window. The page I'm linking to is from a separate related database (contacts_).

This is the code I'm using

<A href="javascript:void(null)" onclick="window.open ('FMPro?-db=contacts_&-Format=formcontact.htm&-lay=Form&-recid=[FMP-field:ContactsList::Rec_ID]&-find','[FMP-field:ContactsList::Rec_ID]', 'scrollbars=yes, hotkeys=no, resizable=yes, status=yes, width=420, height=420')">[FMP-FIELD: ContactsList::Contact Full Name]

When the link is clicked the Browser goes off in a loop and eventually comes back with an error. Error accessing URL ' etc, etc, etc' . When the url with the problem is typed in to the browser the required page comes up.

Again

Many Thanks

Ger

quote:

Originally posted by Anatoli:

I am using:

<A href="javascript:void(null)" onclick="window.open ('[FMP-linkrecid:layout=CGI,format=detailx.htm]', '[FMP-CurrentRecID]', 'scrollbars=yes, hotkeys=no, resizable=yes, status=no, width=630, height=420')">In new window</A>

Anatoli

I am not using that from Portal, just from list of records.

Sorry, I cannot help you more. Couldn't you do it from list? Or rework that concept to the portals.

Is the portal working in FM layout?

Is the portal working in browser?

[This message has been edited by Anatoli (edited November 16, 2000).]

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.