Navigating through a set of records with status bar disabled

This topic is 5027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have an IWP solution for registering participants at a dining center. The user logs on, opens the database, and then sees a list of possible participants.

I have the status bar hidden - and want to keep it that way.

It's designed for use with a touchscreen. So when the user touches a name on the list, it triggers a script to automatically enter and commit the registration data. The list of records is in list view. The problem is that only a certain number of records appears in the browser window and there is no way to scroll through the list without the the status bar.

Can someone suggest a solution?

Dear Terryt,

I suggest that you create a self-joint, show all names via a portal (so that you may scroll up and down; in addition, you may specify the sort order via the portal). Next, a script that load the participant info (and may be automate the registration). Please refer to the attached file which I modified from the starter template.

Omega Goh

Speedy Scaleable Solutions (Singapore)

Contact_Management.zip

• Newbies

Dear Omega Goh,

Thanks for your suggestion. Here's more information about my solution. The list of names is from a table called Participants Dining Site, it shows all the possible diners for a particular dining site. Clicking on the name triggers a script that enters the registration data be creating a new record in another table called Meals. The new record shows via a portal next to the Participant Name. It also has an "undo" button in the portal in case the user clicked the wrong person's name.

So, I already have a portal on the layout for each record. I hope this description makes sense.

I tried using two scripts, one to go forward 25 records and one to go back:

Go to Record/Request/Page[No dialog; Get (RecordNumber) + 25]

Go to Record/Request/Page[No dialog; Get (RecordNumber) - 25]

These work in Filemaker on my computer, but not via IWP. They appear to be web compatible, however.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions. Everything else is working except the darn navigation.

Thanks!

Terry

I suggest that you create a self-joint, show all names via a portal (so that you may scroll up and down; in addition, you may specify the sort order via the portal). Next, a script that load the participant info (and may be automate the registration). Please refer to the attached file which I modified from the starter template.

Omega Goh

• Newbies

Never mind - I figured out the problem. I had neglected to give the user permission to executive the scripts set up to go forward and backward 25 records. I am early in the IWP learning curve, so thanks for your forbearance. It now works.

Dear Omega Goh,

Thanks for your suggestion. Here's more information about my solution. The list of names is from a table called Participants Dining Site, it shows all the possible diners for a particular dining site. Clicking on the name triggers a script that enters the registration data be creating a new record in another table called Meals. The new record shows via a portal next to the Participant Name. It also has an "undo" button in the portal in case the user clicked the wrong person's name.

So, I already have a portal on the layout for each record. I hope this description makes sense.

I tried using two scripts, one to go forward 25 records and one to go back:

Go to Record/Request/Page[No dialog; Get (RecordNumber) + 25]

Go to Record/Request/Page[No dialog; Get (RecordNumber) - 25]

These work in Filemaker on my computer, but not via IWP. They appear to be web compatible, however.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions. Everything else is working except the darn navigation.

Thanks!

Terry

Omega Goh

This topic is 5027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.