Debugging IWP

This topic is 4981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FMP11 Advanced, I'm adapting an existing solution to become available via IWP. I'm successful in logging in, that part is definitely working. However, it's going to a very unexpected page and I've no idea why to that page. I suspect, but am not sure, it's not running the startup script which should take it to the proper page and at the same time hide and lock the status area, which it's not.

Obviously I'm new to IWP. Under IWP, without access to the debugger and without custom dialogues, what's a workable method of debugging what's going on, of discovering what code has actually activated?

Much appreciated.

First thing is to use the Get( ApplicationVersion ) function to work out whether the user is IWP or client and then fork the startup process accordingly.

The startup script that IWP users run must only have IWP-compatible steps in it. My guess is that the script has some incompatible steps and the script is halting.

By forking the script it's easy to keep the two interfaces separate.

Remember to design the IWP layouts so they look good in the browser without regard for how they look in FMP. The layouts cannot be optimised for both.

This topic is 4981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.