Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Value List Challenge

This topic is 4903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to accomplish the following with IWP:

There's a sign-up page on which people can choose from pop-up menus:

1. Choose an Event Name

2. Choose one of the available Dates for the Event chosen

3. Choose one of the available Times for the Event and Date chosen

The user can apply this process for up to five Events. See attached image for illustration. I have built relationships which refresh the pop-up menus according to Event and Date choices of users. This works great in native FM, but in IWP the menus don't refresh. I know I could have different layouts. The user could choose first an event, then click a "continue" button which leads him to a different layout with a locked in Event choice and a (now) refreshed Date menu. Repeat the same for the Time.It would mean building/aggregating field by field. But for five Events this would mean 15 Layouts. There must be a more efficient work-around than this..

Does anyone have experience with this circumstance?

NOTE: Not sure if this attachment can be seen. Here's a basic recreation of the screenshot:

Choose Event Choose Date Choose Time

1. [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ]

2. [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ]

3. [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ]

4. [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ]

5. [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ] -> [ (pop-up) ]

I've spent a few hours researching this subject, and it seems there really is no solution without a refresh of the browser window. It is simply a limitation of IWP.

You don't have to go to a new layout though, switching to a new tab and using the "Open Record" script step does the trick. Imagine a tab panel with 15 tabs, one for each field. The fields aggregate. On the first tab you have the first field, on the second tab you see the first and second field, etc. Combine this with scripting that allows the user to progress with his/her selection, or step backward to make changes to selections. If the script is intelligent enough, the user will be able to edit each line independently.

This topic is 4903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.