Server Maintenance This Week. ×

parse HTML form request into IWP

This topic is 4719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Currently my employer's website has a button that opens a new browser window with the IWP and search layout loading. No problem, everything works as designed.

However, the boss now wants their main HTML page to have a small name search field on it.

Upon entering text, eg "John Smith" and clicking search, this should open a new browser window and the IWP search layout with John Smith entered and ready to commit.

Is there a way to do this without messing with PHP (I have no idea) custom web publishing?

I think you could have a small iframe wthi the contents the search field and button only, the next problem would be to break out of the frame on the next iwp page load. This could be done with the technique just recently discovered (see 3 threads after this one)

HTH

C.

Currently my employer's website has a button that opens a new browser window with the IWP and search layout loading. No problem, everything works as designed.

However, the boss now wants their main HTML page to have a small name search field on it.

Upon entering text, eg "John Smith" and clicking search, this should open a new browser window and the IWP search layout with John Smith entered and ready to commit.

Is there a way to do this without messing with PHP (I have no idea) custom web publishing?

This topic is 4719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.