Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Popup corrupted in v 12

ron G

This topic is 3908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FM 12 04 adv

I have a membership application which includes a visitors table and a meetings table related as follows:

post-72145-0-23056000-1376429060_thumb.j

On a Meetings Layout based on Meetings.  On the left is a members portal.  On the right is a Visitors Portal.  The visitor portal is based on VisitorMeetingJoin table. 

On the Visitor Portal is:

MemberMeeting Join::KF_Member which is a popup based on:

post-72145-0-25849500-1376429764_thumb.j

Yesterday the app worked wonderfuly.  Today, I open it and my KF_Member field, which shows LastName looks like this:

,Bruce

,Frank2

,Absher2

Bottom, Leo

etc...

McWilliams,

Merchan, Jeromy

etc...

This popup should show

Absher2, Frank2

Bottom, Leo

etc...

McWilliams, Bruce

Merchan, Jeromy

etc...

I don't get how some names can be screw up and others are ok in a popup?

You can also get this result if you have a trailing carriage return in the LastName field.  For instance, 

FirstName:  Frank2

LastName:  Absher2 <carriage return>

and then a concatenated calculation with:  LastName & ", " & FirstName

... used for the second value of the value list, produces this in a value list:

, Frank2

Absher2

Fields which should not be allowed multiline should be set to either strip carriage returns or, what I prefer, is checking 'enter' and 'return' along with tab in Inspector > Data  for moving through fields.  

Edited by LaRetta

BTW, two things that irritate me beyond belief (as a User) ... and this is not directed towards anyone here ...

1.  Solutions (whether FM or web or whatever) which place a search bar but when hitting enter does NOT fire the search and instead expects you to click a button

2.  Solutions (whether FM or web or whatever) which allow a secondary line when I expect to leave the field after entering a value.

If the field requests a phone number, it should exit the field after hitting enter.

If the field requests a name, it is understood that it will be ONE line and tab or enter should move you on.

Anyway ... just my thoughts on the matter.  It is irritating to hit enter, have it create a second line, and feel like a dork backspacing to try to remove the carriage return.  Even if the developer strips it out with auto-enter, it can be irritating to User.  // end rant

:-)

This topic is 3908 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.