webdirect no longer working.

This topic is 3014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am working with FMS 13.0.10.1004 and OS X 10.11.2.  My setup has been working perfectly for over a year, however since upgrading the system to OS X 10.11.2 from OS X 10.10, web direct no long works.  I get a message saying that the server can't be found, when the server works perfectly for those who connect as FMP clients.  I have verified all the conditions in troubleshooting Webdirect as presented in the following link

Would anyone have any idea what the problem is and whether there is a workaround?

Edited by dysong3
grammatical error

This could be an issue, where the OS X updater has taken control over Apache from FMS.

The fastest way to fix this, could be to re-install FMS. Go to UAC and save your schedules and group settings first. Then un-install FMS and remove the entire FileMaker Server folder and re-install. Import your saved settings and setup other settings.

You could be lucky that this Terminal command can fix it for you:

sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately re-installing is easier said than done.  I had a hell of a time.  Firstly the Java in Version 13.0.10 is not the same one needed with my installer which is  13.0.5 . So downgrading Java  was a nightmare, then for some reason my installer would not recognize all my privileges even after logging in as root, and was refusing to install a few essential folders at the end of the installation process.  So for the time being I have put off that idea and reinstalled everything from my Time Machine backup.

Any other ideas on overcome this Webdirect problem?

This topic is 3014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.