6 posts in this topic
I have come across this technique severally on this forum, but I can't figure out how this really works. Right now I am faced with a situation that requires similar technique and I can't seem to get it work.
I have Table A and Table B.
1. I want to script an import Process that will first export all records in Table A into Table B (kinda A Clone Copy of Table A) Thats just my basic objective
2. Then from there, I would want to be able to do similar Process but this time, I will only update the records in Table B with that of Table A using a match field.
3. I will also love to perform the process based on a found count. ie after performing a find of specific records
I think If I can be guided on achieving NO. 1, then I can similarly script the others..
I'm using Filemaker Pro 11 in Windows 7, trying to automate the exporting of files from container fields. I've written a script that goes through all the records to export the files in the container fields while skipping empty container fields. The code works well, except that there are a number of records with container fields where I get the "Container fields cannot be exported." error. When I try go to these records and try manually exporting the container field contents by right clicking, the "Export Field Contents..." option is grayed out, though I am able to open the document and then manually save it. There are, however, way too many of these cases for me to practically do this one by one, so I'm hoping if someone has an idea what's going on here and how I might be able to automate the exporting of these fields that are giving me this error.
To help me troubleshoot this, I wrote a shorter code that focused on exporting the field contents of just one record. This helped me figure out which records were giving me this error. Here's the code:
Set Variable [$filePath; Value:"filewin:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & TABLENAME_::TABLE_ID_FIELD]
Export Field Contents [TABLENAME_::FIELDNAME; "$filePath"]
I've been searching and trying a bunch of different things, but with no luck. Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I have developed a solution for IOS devices which also utilizes scripts that facilitate importing of GPS coordinates and especially photos from the device, i.e. iPhone or iPad, within FMGo. Although I have scripted the possibility of emailing images originally captured by the solution outside of the solution, there does not seem to be a possibility for exporting the captured image to the Photos app and thus pushing them to the iCloud. I know one could first capture the image in the Camera app and then import it into a container within the solution, but this distracts from the all-in-one nature of my solution, where quick image capture is paramount. Ideally, the user would use the solution to capture the image and related contextual data, but also elect to save such an image in the Photo app at a later stage to permit sharing it to social media apps, for example.
I'm fairly advanced, having used FM since the Claris days.
By Daniel Shanahan
First of all, I'm not sure that "placeholder text" is the correct term for the MS Word object.
I'm working with multiple MS Word documents from the state government. The content is locked but there seems to be placeholder text that I can tab through. The placeholder text is highlighted in gray and marked with an asterisk before and after the text (see image). I'm experiencing a couple of issues:
1. If I choose the text inside the asterisk, then the substitution works but it leaves the asterisks (see #1 in Scribe_New_doc).
2. When I choose "Amount", inside the asterisks, a NULL value is returned. I thought perhaps it would not accept numbers so I created a text field with the same value. However, this also returns a NULL value (see #2 in Scribe_New_doc).
3. If I choose all of the text, including the asterisks, then the substitution value is NULL (see #3 in Scribe_New_doc).
By Mike Blackburn
I have found ways to do this from Filemaker in OSX but I can't seem to apply this to FMGo.
I want to mail the current record as a PDF and to have the PDF name be derived from the value of a field (in this cas, the name of the client)
Below is the script as it stands. Is this a possibility in FMGo?
1. Go to Layout [ layout name ]
2. Set Variable [$name ; Value: Patients::LastName ]
3. Save Records as PDF [ Restore ; No dialog ; "$name.pdf" ; Crerate email ; Current record ]
4. Go to Layout [ original layout ]