6 posts in this topic
Container export to IOS Photo app?
I have developed a solution for IOS devices which also utilizes scripts that facilitate importing of GPS coordinates and especially photos from the device, i.e. iPhone or iPad, within FMGo. Although I have scripted the possibility of emailing images originally captured by the solution outside of the solution, there does not seem to be a possibility for exporting the captured image to the Photos app and thus pushing them to the iCloud. I know one could first capture the image in the Camera app and then import it into a container within the solution, but this distracts from the all-in-one nature of my solution, where quick image capture is paramount. Ideally, the user would use the solution to capture the image and related contextual data, but also elect to save such an image in the Photo app at a later stage to permit sharing it to social media apps, for example.
I'm fairly advanced, having used FM since the Claris days.
Scribe Substitute for MS Word Placeholder Text
By Daniel Shanahan
First of all, I'm not sure that "placeholder text" is the correct term for the MS Word object.
I'm working with multiple MS Word documents from the state government. The content is locked but there seems to be placeholder text that I can tab through. The placeholder text is highlighted in gray and marked with an asterisk before and after the text (see image). I'm experiencing a couple of issues:
1. If I choose the text inside the asterisk, then the substitution works but it leaves the asterisks (see #1 in Scribe_New_doc).
2. When I choose "Amount", inside the asterisks, a NULL value is returned. I thought perhaps it would not accept numbers so I created a text field with the same value. However, this also returns a NULL value (see #2 in Scribe_New_doc).
3. If I choose all of the text, including the asterisks, then the substitution value is NULL (see #3 in Scribe_New_doc).
mail record as PDF with calculated name?
By Mike Blackburn
I have found ways to do this from Filemaker in OSX but I can't seem to apply this to FMGo.
I want to mail the current record as a PDF and to have the PDF name be derived from the value of a field (in this cas, the name of the client)
Below is the script as it stands. Is this a possibility in FMGo?
1. Go to Layout [ layout name ]
2. Set Variable [$name ; Value: Patients::LastName ]
3. Save Records as PDF [ Restore ; No dialog ; "$name.pdf" ; Crerate email ; Current record ]
4. Go to Layout [ original layout ]
Portal exported to excel spreadsheet only contains one related field once, other fields are empty
Sorry if the title is a bit confusing, I wasn't sure how to explain it.
Basically I've got a layout that contains a portal to another table. abc0198_cpa_v002 and xyz0570_cpa_v0008 are the link to the other table (linked to the table by the first 6 characters)
the problem I have is when I export this I get the following in Excel. I was hoping that the empty fields beneath abc0198_cpa_v002 would be filled with abc0198_cpa_v002.
I can get it to work by going to the related table, searching for those records (abc0198 & xyz0570), but I will fall into the same problem when I receive multiple records that relate to the same record in the other table. IE I might receive abc0198_cpa_v002 and abc0198_cpa_v005 etc.
I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help.
Scribe ScribeDocSubstitute Errors - A solution
I hope this helps anyone that has had to put up with the ScribeDocSubstitute errors when no placeholder string could be found in a document - a problem that has had both us and our clients pulling our hair out.
The 360Works Scribe help page - http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Scribe#No_occurrences_of_.5Bplaceholder_string.5D_were_found_in_the_document - offers a solution of retyping an entire placeholder due to the XML creating a split string. We've been doing this, but at times it just doesn't work and we've never seen any evidence in the XML of a split happening.
However, today we hit a eureka moment and believe the main problem is not split strings, but the use of Tracking under the Review menu in Word. With this switched on there are hidden occurrences of the placeholders in the XML that are referenced by ScribeDocSubstitute. We have had documents where the placeholder(s) has been typed, retyped and typed again (etc.) but could not get around the error (we have a check that runs whenever we upload a Word template to FileMaker container fields, therefore documents that generate these errors are not allowed into the database). However, we've now been able to clear all errors within a file without retyping a single placeholder as follows:
open the file generating the errors in Word, click Review, click on the arrow beside/below Accept, select Accept All Changes and Stop Tracking, save the file and test
We've been putting up with the placeholder problems since we started using Scribe and hope this helps people avoid the pain we've been through.
Andy - salefaith.com