Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP Client Info

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I want to store specific data for clients logged into FileMaker via IWP. May be IP address or MAC number.

FileMaker get functions only gets host machine informations. But i need to store clients ip address or any other specific data.

Thanks in advance

cabi

It might be a little hard to parse out the information but if you have server 9 you can look at the wpc_access_log.txt file. This file shows all access to databases through any form of Web Publishing, including IP Addresses.

One last option is to have a web viewer that displays a page that pulls IP addresses (such as www.whatismyip.com ). Using web scrapping techniques you can pull off the IP address from the website, and then have that placed into a field.

Another option would be to use Custom Web Publishing and use PHP to pull the IP address, which may be easier if you have experience with PHP.

A simple example of the code to track just the ip would be:

$ip = ((isset($_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"])) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"] ;) $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]);

But I believe $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; wont work if they are behind a firewall, and will return the firewall's IP. I'm not too sure if the port needs to be forwarded to send the information back to the PHP page, but hopefully this points you in the right direction! :)

thanks for reply

i am using server 8.5 and all of the clients are connected from network. so real ip address are same. Local ip addresses are more meaningful for me.

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.