Conditional Formatting & Web Hosted Databases

This topic is 6122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to be able to access my database remotely.

This database makes considerable use of the colored fill patterns that emanate from conditional formatting.

Conditional formatting does not appear to work with Instant Web Publishing.

Can anybody tell me what to expect if I were to have this database hosted on somebody's web server? Would the colored fill patterns be visible on a web based database?

Thanks for any guidance here,

Jarvis

Thanks Fitch.

I'd already figured out that conditional formatting couldn't be done with IWP. What I'm trying to ascertain now is if it can be done via other ways of hosting the file.

As I understand it, there are two ways to view an FM database online. Databases uploaded via IWP can be viewed online by anybody, even if they don't have a copy of filemaker on their computer. Some databases, however, reside on dedicated online servers and I understand it you do have to have a license to view or modify these.

I am hoping the second option is a little more robust with respect to conditional formatting.

Is it possible to upload a dababase to an online server and have the conditional formatting still be available?

Failing that, is it possible with option B to view a container field that is populated with a colored global field?

Thanks again,

Jarvis

If you're talking about accessing FileMaker over a WAN, using a FileMaker client, then all features of FileMaker are available to you, including conditional formatting.

Option B can work in either scenario.

This topic is 6122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.