Changing password in IWP ?

This topic is 5234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Happy easter to the community !

How have you solved password change in IWP ? Normal FM client -type dialogue doesn't work in IWP. So is there any techniques, users can master their passwords over the IWP ?

As DIALOG boxes are not compatible with IWP then you could try using another layout and use GLOBAL fields to pass the results back into the RESET PASSWORD script step.

• 4 months later...
  • Newbies

This is the way mine works (probably a juvenile solution, i.e., you could probably use global fields or something else but I am not a developer and don't know a lot)

My db has these fields:

userName (auto enter calc text from employee's name, so your db would have to have a table of users)

userPassword (text, empty except for during the script)

passwordWarning (text, empty and only gets Set from the script. I insert it as a merge field on the layout so it's not seen otherwise).

I have a Change Password button on the layout and a blank userPassword field. Instructions tell the user to type the new password into the field and then click Change Password.

(My opening/navigation script also sets the passwordWarning field to "")

The below isn't exactly my script because my script does everything for an account (deleting, deactivating, activating, enabling with different privilege sets, etc., according to the script parameter on the button), but for the Change Password part, it's basically like this:

Enter Find Mode[]

Set Field [userName; Get (accountName)]

Perform Find []

If [userPassword = ""]

Set Field [passwordWarning; "You must type password in yellow field before clicking Change Password button!"]

Else

Reset Account Password [Account Name: userName; New Password: userPassword]

Set Field [passwordWarning; "Password Successfully Changed!"]

End If

Set Field [userPassword; ""]

Commit Records/Request [skip data entry validation; no dialog]

Enter Browse Mode

• 4 months later...

richsb, in my recent experience, you MUST use the Change Password script step in related database files. I spent many hours troubleshooting my change password scripts that used "Reset Account Password" and just switched to "Change Password" instead (which is more straight-forward anyway).

If you want some example scripts, I can post those up no problem.

Edited by Guest
I think I just missed the extended privilege to run the appropriate script… woops :P

This topic is 5234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.