Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Link directly to a layout

This topic is 4511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 5 months later...

I think I am looking for a similar solution. I would like to bypass the IWP homepage, or a custom homepage, and go directly to a layout.

I assume this means that a custom homepage will have to be created, and then some syntax in the page code will redirect to a layout. Or basically some code that mimics the clicking of the database link on the homepage.

Does anyone know the html syntax to do this? Thanks for any help on this!!!!

IWP does provide for this but in a subtly different manner.

Provided the [Guest] account is the only IWP enabled account then web users will automatically login without credentials. From here you can use your startup script to determine what to do next.

You will likely need to change the basic privileges for [Guest] as the default is read only.

Please see the Instant Web Publishing guide in your software installation for more details.

Thanks for the response.

I understand what you are saying, however what I am looking for is a way to pretty much bypass the home page, where you have to select the database, and just go directly to the database without having to select it using the link.

The way I can think of is to build my custom home page and just put in code as described in the IWP guide where is says to put this in my html doc:

http://<IP address>:<Port number>/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=<database name>&-loadframes

unless someone has a better solution or has done this before and had pointers?

Yes, the custom IWP home page is the way to link to specific databases. The startup script goes to the layout.

::sigh:: I, too wish for link to script, layout or other specific link with IWP... :)

Beverly

An update on this, there is a way around the IWP home page. The guest account must be the only one with priveledges to run IWP. If that is how it is set, then you run the link that I posted above and it will go right to the db, with the layout you specify in a script.

I would like to explore ways to login after auto logging in with guest. It appears the login without dialog is not compatible with IWP.

Provided the [Guest] account is the only IWP enabled account then web users will automatically login without credentials. From here you can use your startup script to determine what to do next.

As I, and kenneth2k8, said.

This topic is 4511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.