Server Maintenance This Week. ×

URL Codes to perform a find

This topic is 4024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to perform a search on a DB served and created on a FM11 server using the PHP site setup tools. 

This web site I would simply like to search the field “NT” for values of say 120. 

I expected something simple like:

http://lgdfm3.ncifcr...list.php?NT=120

But alas I seem to have too high expectations and it seems like I will have to build a form php page to perform a search via a URL? 

That should be able to work.

First, build it as form page and get it to work on processing page (Site Assistant likes forms)

In the processing page, there will be references to $_POST for the value sent from the form.

Change these to $_REQUEST (which will accept both Post from forms, and Get from URLs)

Then test directly to the processing page with a URL.

Please do not multiple post your questions.

I have deleted your latest thread that was a duplicate of this one. I have also review your other threads, and it seems that your questions center around the same need?  If so, in the future please keep related questions all in the same thread.

There are several reasons for doing it this way, but mainly it will present a better picture of what is being asked and answered and not make it necessary to jump all over the forum to try and follow what is being asked and answered. In addition, duplicate post can be really hard to follow for all concerned.

BTW, I could merge some of theres if you see a benefit.

Lee

Hey webko,

We tried this before and I just cant get it working. I have attached the 8 files. The original ones and the updated ones with url added to their names. I have replaced the post with request in the fmviewurl file per your suggestions and then to I point the URL to this php code with the request? What is the request syntax? I am sorry to be such a novice but php isnt my forte and the FM11 site builder hides so many things from me (or places them in odd places). I have this exact thing running on a sql database and site without problem. I just need it on this FM site! Please help and thanks!

Examples.zip

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.