Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cancel New Record request

This topic is 3764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There,

I'm just starting to use IWP on a basic database and would like to know if it's possible to cancel a new record request from a web browser? I know that IWP provides a Cancel button if new record is initiated but by default I'm hiding the IWP buttons and replacing them with my own. 

The problem that I'm having is that if a user presses my New Booking button by mistake it takes them to a layout that allows them to input data for the new record, and because one of the fields is a mandatory field it won't allow them to leave the page without entering a value. I've even added a home button to the page but as soon as you're on the New Booking page I can't seem to cancel unless I show the IWP buttons and press the Cancel button.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Nik

Change your design to have data entered into global fields on a separate layout. Then have a "Commit" button that checks that the requisite fields have data and then internally creates the record and fills it in with the data from the global fields. Then you can also put a cancel button on that screen that lets them gracefully exit the record making process if they went by mistake.

Hth

Many thanks for your reply David.

I will give this a try. Can I just ask would the commit button trigger a script that checks the mandatory fields for data? If the field has not been completed would I then need to redirect to another layout or just display a dialog?

Thanks again for your help,

Nik

1. Yes

2. Can't do dialogs in IWP.

3. David's approach is good, but your way should work if your cancel button ran a script that has a Revert Record(no dialog) step.

Hi Fitch,

Thanks for your reply.

In waiting for an answer I've tried a couple of things and found that if I create a script like this:

Revert Record/Request [No dialog]
Revert Record/Request [No dialog]
Goto Layout ["Main" (DatabaseName))

and link it to a button on the page it does the trick.

Many thanks again both for your tips/advice,
Nik

This topic is 3764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.