Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Layout completely "broken" (?) in WebDirect

This topic is 3562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just deploying my solution on WebDirect.

Everything works fine - all the layouts render okay, functionality is good, etc.

There's one layout, that when I navigate to it in WebDirect:

- renders really badly

- no field data is showing

- no buttons work

- no menus work

- if I type in a field, it does save any data

It's as if it's paused in "find mode" or something (but it isn't). I've duplicated the layout with the same result.

All other layouts work fine. And every layout is actually identical, just with different fields displaying. So the buttons / tabs / etc on all layouts are identical. It's just this one layout that's completely broken.

Any ideas?

post-108462-0-02066900-1407121166_thumb.

As a follow up... I started removing object one by one. As soon as I removed a tab object that had a calculated tab name, the layout rendered "better"... and buttons worked.

So calculated tab names in WebDirect appears to be a problem. The WebDirect Guide makes reference to using calculated tab names, suggesting it as a solution to another problem. So is this an unknown bug?

But... layout still renders weirdly so there's something else that's causing the issue

And here's my summary... and a question...

It wasn't deleting the tab with the calculated name that solved the problem... it was because of the contents of the tab... which were 4 unstored calc field which were quite hefty calculations.

Those field were on a tab not visible on the layout (until you clicked into that tab), yet WebDirect literally crashes loading the layout if even one of those complex unstored calculated fields were in the tab.

Is this a known bug?

Depends if 'expected behaviour' is a bug or not.

By your own admission big un-stored calc on a tab.

Best knowledge we have is to not do that. Un-stored calcs are bad for web direct. Not too smart on other slow connections but it depends on the exact calculation.

I recently saw a demo where ONE unsorted calc caused 3500 calls to the server to grab related data so it could resolve causing upwards of 5 minutes to even open the file.

This topic is 3562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.