Report displaying Summary fields from a Portal

BadgerBlu

This topic is 3401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a purchase order layout containing project name, purchase order number and date.This layout contains a Portal showing 'Category' 'Description' 'Quantity Purchased' 'Unit Price' ' Total Price' and 'Units Used' Where I enter line items off the purchase order.

The 'Category' field is a drop down list based on the values placed in that field.

The 'Description' field is selected from a 'Conditional List' from the 'Category' field. i.e. Category 'Timber' Description '4x2', '4x4', etc.

I show all this on a report with two sub summaries for 'Category' and 'Description.

I have deleted the 'Body' part and in the second sub summary (Description) part I have Summary fields for 'Quantity Purchased' and 'Quantity Used' These perform perfectly showing the correct totals.

I also have an 'In Hand' field in the description sub summary which is a 'Calculation' field 

'SumSummaryPurchased' - 'SumSummaryUsed'

This however shows a Total which encompasses all the categories and descriptions together, albeit a correct figure.

What I am trying to achieve is a quantity in hand for each description.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Doug Whitham

post-106718-0-67373600-1419682650_thumb.

Edited by Lee Smith
fixed font

If I understand your question correctly (which is by no means certain), you need to add a calculation field =

GetSummary ( SumSummaryPurchased ; Description  ) - GetSummary ( SumSummaryUsed ; Description  )

and place it in the sub-summary by Description part.

--

P.S. Please use the default font.

• Newbies

Dear Consultant,

You are absolutely brilliant. I added the calculation field as you suggested and everything worked perfectly.

I am amazed at how quickly my problem was resolved. 

Thank you again

Regards

Doug Whitham

P.S. I apologise about the font. I composed the question on a word processor, copied and pasted without thinking.

This topic is 3401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.