Can't upload new solution to server

This topic is 1572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to upload a new solution to FMS. When I attempted to connect using the saved credentials, it threw the error "Invalid name/password. Please try again." Unfortunately, the login pane was grayed out, so I could not make any changes. So, I went into Keychain Access and deleted the credentials. Now, there are no saved credentials, but I am still unable to access the login pane. I see my server in Local Hosts, the IP address is correct, and I can access the Admin Console. But I can't log in to upload. I have managed to lock myself out of my own server. How embarrassing is that?

FMS 16
FMPA 16
MacOS Sierra

It isn't clear which part of the process you are having trouble with.

You did successfully upload them; but they won't open using open remote?

You can't get them uploaded onto the server?

You are using the FileMaker Server credential to upload; not the solution username/password?

You upload from FileMaker Pro; not server admin.

upload.png

Edited by BruceR

I am working from FileMaker Pro Advanced. I choose File > Sharing > Upload to FileMaker Server. I am presented with the Upload to FileMaker Server window. I select Local Hosts from the Hosts menu. My server appears in the left pane. I select my server. The right pane contains fields into which I am supposed to enter the Admin Console name and password. I am not able to enter either of these fields, and am consequently unable to enter my credentials.

In order to get functional, I've bypassed this interface. I remoted into the server, put a copy of the solution into the Databases folder, and used Admin Console to open it. I'm up and running, but I still need to figure out what wrong with the normal approach.

Can you please provide more details? I've been through every panel in the Admin Console, and couldn't find anything that sounded like what you mentioned. Under General Settings > Admin Console, there is an item labeled "Enable access restrictions," but that is not checked.

It was to do with password protected files; under database server>> security>>Require Password-Protected Databases

probably not your issue but it did catch me on a couple of files.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have not resolved this problem. I can't upload new files to my server, and subsequently discovered that the files that I attempted to host by putting them into the Databases directory are not modifiable.

I have removed and re-installed FMS 16, but that didn't resolve the problem. Can anyone help?

FMS 16.0.1.184

macOS 10.12.6

597ccde86d715_ScreenShot2017-07-29at1_01_44PM.thumb.png.cf81dfed4021679a21f6036084e774fa.png

Thanks for the link. It confirmed that the way I hosted the files was one of the correct methods. The files are accessible now, after the reinstallation of FMS, but the direct method of hosting is still broken. 

It's not a browser issue. I can get to the console. The screenshot I posted was from FMA 16, not a browser.

I have the same problem as well. I am using FMS15. I used to be able to upload the files using the client.

Currently, I move the files to FMServer manually and then change the file rights to read/write. It is a bit tedious, but a fix for this problem would be nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

There is a file called permittedlist.txt. It is located in the  /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Shared folder. This Library folder is normally hidden. To view it, go to Finder and open the Go menu while holding down the option key. The option key allows you to select the Library folder. 

Drill down to this file, permittedlist.txt and delete it. Or, to be ultra-cautious,  just rename it. 

Now, when you try to upload a database to FM Server, it will alert you to any SSL certificate issues. When you choose to connect anyway, it will generate a new permittedlist.txt and it will allow you to freshly enter your FM Server admin name and password and upload the file. 

• Thanks 3

• 11 months later...
  • Newbies

Just saved my bacon! It worked like a charm.

I'd also like to add, I believe the issue was created in my case due to upgrading my MacBook Pro. I had recently restored from a TimeMachine backup as a migration from the old computer.

Edited by Goldrush

• 9 months later...
  • Newbies

I was having this problem with Windows Server 2016 and FM 17 Server.

I switched the OS on the Server back to 2012 R2 and upgraded to FM 18 while I was at it. And that resolved the issue.

I think the crux of the issue might be that on Windoes Server 2016 it was trying to connect to Port 16000 during the upload to server process. Whereas on Windows 2012 it was connecting to Port 443 without any issues.

Anyways, I'm not saying that's the issue. Just a hunch. But going back to Win Server 2012 solved my issue.

• 6 months later...

I can confirm that deleting the permittedlist.txt file fixes the problem - at least for me it did. I am on a Mac using FileMaker 16-18 (none worked prior to the fix) and was attempting to upload a file to a Windows 2016 server running FileMaker Server 16.

Thanks ltwimberly!

This topic is 1572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.