Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP and iframe environment

This topic is 4450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that works fine in IWP.

However, in our environment, it must be accessed by external users via an iframe. When we place the URL of the IWP page in the iframe and access the page, it looks like the following javascript opens a new window – so what happens is I embed the url into the iframe, but when you access the page the script runs and opens a new browser on top of the main site.

Thanks for your reply. My sense is that as I go deeper into the application, it's having problems due to the fact that it isn't at the 'top'. For example, the left side nav is not in the frame and also whenever I click on anything on the right side (in my form), I get an error because it's trying to access 'top...'.

Should I be able to do this, or is this a problem with IWP?

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

Hello Genx

Just finishing a database-solution for a customer and tried to put that thing in an iframe. It displays the database as excepted but no button will work. The standalone version of the database published via IWP works fine. Here you'll find the database integrated into the website:

http://www.christkindlimarkt.ch/service/test/service/online_bewerbung.php

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance

Rolf

Hello Genx

Just finishing a database-solution for a customer and tried to put that thing in an iframe. It displays the database as excepted but no button will work. The standalone version of the database published via IWP works fine. Here you'll find the database integrated into the website:

http://www.christkin...e_bewerbung.php

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance

Rolf

I have exactly the same issue - I am trying to place an IWP into either a wrapper or an iframe and no buttons work.

The code on that form tells me it needs to be the top window to work:

onclick="CancelEventPropagation(); top.iwp.executebuttonscript(27,0,0)" (for the Login button)

If you really need this to work in an iFrame, then you probably have to move to using Custom Web Publishing - IWP likes owning the entire window to work properly

This topic is 4450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.