Jump to content

Perform Script on Server Doesn't Run


This topic is 2290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recommended Posts

Dear FileMaker Pros,

Perform Script on Server (PSoS) Doesn't Run

I run FMP 13 (on Windows.)  I import records to my Hosting FM Server from my Client.

Running the script steps from the Client works well, but its a time consuming task of more

than 4 hours, the records are big, almost one million.
To save time, I switched the script  to Perform Script on Server, (wait for completion, unchecked.)

The script  does not perform Import records, as it did without PSoS.

My script steps on the hosting Server Db: ScriptName:"Import A"
> Go to Layout ["Part_A"]
> Go to Field [Select/perform; Stock_A::Field_A]
> Go to Record /Request/Page[First]
> Import Records [No dialog;"Receive_Gen"Add;Windows ANSI]

 

My Perform Script on Server on Client:
> Go to Layout ["Part_A"]
>Perform script on Server ["Import_A"]
> Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]
Note: Unchecked - wait for completion

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance

Lawrence

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> Go to Layout ["Part_A"]
> Go to Record First
> Go to Field
> Set variable to the file path for the file to be digested
> Import Records [No dialog;"Receive_Gen"Add;Windows ANSI] import $path.

When you run import from server side script you must explicitly tell the session where the file is and it can only be in the Server Document folder.

If you are expecting the import dialog to be produced so that you can choose a file that will NOT happen when PSOS

Edited by Kris M
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawrencex said:

My Perform Script on Server on Client:
> Go to Layout ["Part_A"]
>Perform script on Server ["Import_A"]
> Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]
Note: Unchecked - wait for completion

Also keep in mind that your script on server will do more than the above; before it even gets to the script it will run your on-open script.  If you have anything in there that is not server-compatible that may fail.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kris M said:

> Go to Layout ["Part_A"]
> Go to Record First
> Go to Field
> Set variable to the file path for the file to be digested
> Import Records [No dialog;"Receive_Gen"Add;Windows ANSI] import $path.

When you run import from server side script you must explicitly tell the session where the file is and it can only be in the Server Document folder.

If you are expecting the import dialog to be produced so that you can choose a file that will NOT happen when PSOS

Hello Kris,

Thank you very, very much.  The scripts works well now.

Regards

Lawrence

16 hours ago, Wim Decorte said:

Also keep in mind that your script on server will do more than the above; before it even gets to the script it will run your on-open script.  If you have anything in there that is not server-compatible that may fail.

Hi Wim,

Thanks. That information was helpful.

Thanks.

Lawrence

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is 2290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.