Scribe - Formatting in Word Tables

This topic is 1495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been using the Scribe plugin to insert text into word-based tables as part of an annual report.  I am using FM 16 on both Mac and Windows and have the very latest version of the Plugin.

I am able to insert the text into multiple tables throughout the document quite well.  What is not happening is that the new data is not maintaining the formatting of the table.  I would be fine with just holding the correct font and size. 

Should the data insert into the word based tables retain the formatting and if so what determines that formatting because inserting the data into a fully preformatted table removes all the formatting and sets the data back to some kind of default font of Cambria 12 vs. the Helvetica 9 that is in the table?

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,
Todd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Dear Support, 

I have the same problem, The format is maintained when using ScribeDocSubstitute in all the document but within the tables with ScribeDocWriteValue the format is changed. I have a table in a word document with font "Helvetica" and size "9" and the inserted text from Scribe is becoming "Tahoma" and size "14".  

Any idea. 
Thanks

Cédric

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

When the Scribe plugin writes to documents, it takes on the formatting and styles of where it is writing to. Unfortunately, at the moment it is not able to specify a different format from where it is writing to.

Creeper, there was a similar issue someone was experiencing before. Check your styles in MS Word under the Format drop down, and see if you have some formatting for tables being set. Another solution is to copy all contents and move it to a new word document that does not have any previous styling.

• Newbies
On 4/4/2019 at 4:15 PM, nick360Works said:

Check your styles in MS Word under the Format drop down, and see if you have some formatting for tables being set. Another solution is to copy all contents and move it to a new word document that does not have any previous styling.

It doesn't work. I have tried to change the normal.dotm file also but with no luck.  What is strange is that after the export the "normal" style of my template is always modified by scribe. Maybe it has something to do with it...

• 1 month later...

We've been testing the recently released v3.1 and have the same table formatting problems as others here.

When using ScribeWriteDocValue any table/cell formatting is retained (say a background colour) but the text formatting, such as bold, italic and alignment is removed. The alignment is particularly frustrating as columns are often used to display right aligned price info, but currently everything is left aligned after being written.

We've tested using individual text styles and proper styles from the Styles pane.

Attached are a sample of the before template and after result when writing to the 2nd row onwards.

This is restricting our use of Scribe for this purpose.

Kind regards

Andy

ScribeTablesResult.docx ScribeTablesTemplate.docx

• 9 months later...

This topic is 1495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.